Throwback Thursday....Oatmeal Sticks




It's Throwback Thursday.....here's one of my favorite cookie recipes....Oatmeal Sticks...enjoy!




Sunday, April 28, 2013




Have you ever tried these?

You should.

Oatmeal sticks are a shortbread type cookie, riiiiiiiiich and buttery.

And lets talk about that brown sugar....I think the star of the cookie....the flavor just comes through!

They are perfect with a glass of milk, cup of coffee, and actually just on their own. I can't make them very often, as Brent and I eat the batch in a day or two!

But...... oatmeal is good for you, right?




Oatmeal Sticks


3/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter softened
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. oatmeal
2 c. flour
powdered sugar for sprinkling

Mix the butter and sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Roll out to 1/2" thickness. Cut into strips 2" long by 3/4" wide. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes on parchment lined cookie sheets. Dust with powdered sugar.( I cut some of them longer...about 4")



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, these look amazing! Do you use quick oats or regular? Thanks, Lauren

laurie said...

I use both kinds of oats, whatever I have on hand!